– Warren Buffett's investment strategy is to build a portfolio of blue-chip companies with strong balance sheets, holding investments over a long time.
– The top five investments in Buffett's holding company, Berkshire Hathaway, are Apple, Bank of America, Coca-Cola, American Express, and Kraft Heinz.
– Buffett has held shares of Coca-Cola since the late 1980s; the company accounts for about 8.6% of Berkshire Hathaway's portfolio.
– In 2011, Buffett began investing in Bank of America when Berkshire Hathaway purchased in a private offering 50,000 shares of the company's preferred stock at a liquidation value of $100,000 per share.
1. The most important of the Warren Buffett quotes: “Rule No. 1 is never lose money. Rule No. 2 is never forget Rule No. 1.”
2. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
3. “If you aren’t willing to own a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.”
4. “Our favorite holding period is forever.”
5. “Price is what you pay, value is what you get.”